- Nov 5, 2010
Many years ago a dear friend of mine found this little merpony buried deep in her backyard. Knowing I like to customise and restore ponies she donated the magled little thing to me so I could potentially give her new life. I did make a few small attempts but for a long time I let my work and other things get in the way of my hobby with crafts, so she lay half completed on a shelf for far too long. Tonight I finally made the finishing touches and she is once more a proud pink pony! (Of the fishy kind haha)
To cover the points I did for restoration, her old hair was removed, she was thoroughly cleaned and all old worn paint removed with acetone. I used glue and sculpey clay to repair and fill in the holes and cracks in her plastic body, sealed her with plastic primer and went to town with a new coat of pink paint. After that her new nylon hair was rooted in. Sadly I had to drill tiny new holes for the hair as her original ones had hardened over time and I could not get even the thinnest needle through them. I used watercolour pencils/matte spray to carefully redraw her cutie mark and eyes once the hair was done, the photo makes them come up pink but in true life they are more a pale lavender. Afterwards her cutie mark was sealed and her eyes glossed before I added a pearlescent top coat to her tail/cutie mark area. So there you have it! From lonely forgotten dirt pony to glorious new merpony!