- Jun 6, 2005
MLPTP Rules & Terms of Service
Hello, and welcome to the My Little Pony Trading Post!
In order to make your forum experience as safe and enjoyable as possible, we have a few rules for our members to follow here at the MLPTP.
All forums on the MLPTP are actively moderated. Any post violating the board's rules may be subject to deletion, locking, or editing at the administration's discretion. Members found to be violating the rules may be banned. To report a rule violation or concern please report posts, profile messages, or private messages by clicking on the "Report" link at the bottom of any post.
The following rules are currently in effect:
1. New Members: It is preferred that all new members make their first post on the Introductions forum. We appreciate the opportunity to get to know you and would like to welcome you.
2. Posting: Keep posts on topic and relevant to the subject of the thread. Be sure to start threads in the proper forum. You can find a summary detailing what each forum's purpose is by mousing over its title. You are responsible for the material you post. To optimize the forum search we may at times amend your thread title for clarity for the benefit of other members.
No Profanity, Flames, or Adult Themes: All members are expected to treat each other with respect. Threats will not be tolerated. Refrain from name-calling, ridiculing, and mean spirited remarks. Our board celebrates global diversity, and members are expected to exercise tolerance. Whilst we encourage and allow civil debate between members, insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. If you dislike something that has been posted, then start an intelligent, well-thought out thread and debate the subject civilly with those whose opinions differ. Pointless or inflammatory statements will be looked upon as trolling and may result in account infractions or temporary or permanent banning from the forum.
No images, videos, or links to any kind of violence or injury to people or animals.
Keep all content and links on a G-rated level. Graphic or adult topics are prohibited. Refrain from using profanity or inappropriate language. Intentional posting of images or links to websites of a graphic or adult nature or containing adult content or language is grounds for an immediate banning. Begging for, or asking for donations of either goods/services or cash is strictly prohibited.
Members are also able to block any member whose private messages they may not wish to receive or public messages they may not wish to see. This can be accessed through your user control panel.
ONE ACCOUNT PER USER. If we discover your use of multiple accounts, it will result in an immediate ban. Honesty and being trustworthy are of utmost importance to our community.
3. Posting of live auction links is not permitted: unless you are the seller of said auction, then you may post your link in the auctions forum accordingly. Please respect the privacy of bidders and wait until auctions have ended before posting direct links to them under any other circumstances.
4. No Spamming: Do not spam the boards. Additional thoughts should be added to your existing post, (please use the edit button) rather than in a following consecutive post, if other members have not yet replied. Please only bump threads when they have moved off Page 1. Multiple threads with the same theme, such as threads in the marketplace, may be merged into a single thread without warning by a moderator in order to ensure everyone's threads have a fair chance to be seen.
5. Advertising and Links: Do not solicit our members. Under no circumstances are you permitted to solicit MLPTP members for any purpose. This includes, but is not limited to referrals, subscriptions, registrations and signatures (electronic or otherwise). You may not post links where our members are asked to register for something in order to access the content. Please do not post content solely for the purpose of directing members offsite or to competing sites. Please do not post asking for money.
In general this means:
- You must not post links to sites offering get rich quick schemes or advertising with the intent to direct members elsewhere. Links redirecting via Tiny URL are not permitted, nor are links to sell goods on any commercial basis without express permission of MLPTP owner.
- You should not post links to sites where remuneration is offered for referrals.
- Begging for, or asking for donations of either goods/services or cash is strictly prohibited.
6. Hosting Swaps or Contests: Members who fit the following criteria are welcome to host swaps or contests (which involve the trading of goods or receiving of prizes) at the MLPTP:
- 6 Month of Active Membership at MLPTP.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Minimum of 50 posts.
- References from at least one of the following sources:
- 5 individual MLPTP feedback
- MLPTP feedback for 2 or more successful swaps
- Outstanding ebay feedback (99% positive or higher)
- If you don't have the necessary feedback, message a moderator to discuss if any exceptions can be made.
- You must have no negative feedback on your MLPTP profile.
If you would like to host a swap or a contest, simply send a message to a moderator to explain your idea. You must keep in contact with a moderator throughout your swap or contest. You will be awarded positive feedback from a moderator for hosting a successful swap or contest. The MLPTP staff cannot be held responsible for any incidents stemming from member-hosted events.
Members are welcome to host contests or art swaps at any time, without moderator permission, so long as no goods or money are involved.
7. Raffles: Raffles may not be held at the MLPTP except for under very specific circumstances:
- Raffles may be held if they are completely FREE to enter, AND the organizer has contacted the moderators for approval.
- Raffles may be held if they are for a recognized non-profit group, AND the organizer has contacted the moderators for approval.
Raffles which do not meet these criteria will be removed.
8. Practice Netiquette Rules: Become familiar with and exercise proper netiquette. Do not type posts using all, or excessive amounts, of CAPS. Do not post images that will cause side-scrolling or long loading times in discussion forums. Use standard sized fonts, and colors that are complimentary and easy to read. Avoid the use of net-speak. Remember that many members of the MLPTP do not speak English as their first language, please exercise consideration towards them.
9. Retaliatory Feedback:
All feedback must be posted honestly and with accuracy to the transaction at hand. If you have earned a negative or neutral feedback from another member, you may not give a negative or neutral in return simply out of spite or retaliation. Likewise, you may not post inaccurate neutral or negative feedback for any member under any circumstances. Accurate feedback is important to the safety of our members and our community.
If a member is found to have posted retaliatory or spiteful feedback, that member may be suspended from the marketplace forums, have their account suspended, or be banned.
If you have questions regarding leaving feedback, you can always contact a moderator first.
10. Observe others' right to privacy: Posting any individual's real name, address, telephone number, or other sensitive personal information is grounds for immediate banning.
11. Scamming: There is a zero-tolerance policy for scammers on the MLPTP. If you are found keeping funds or goods that do not rightfully belong to you, or engaging in a dishonest transaction of any kind or any activity that the administration feels may put the MLPTP's members at risk, your account may be banned and if so, will be publicly reported for the safety of our members.
12. Signature Guidelines are as Follows:
You are allowed to combine images and text within your signature, granted that the following criteria are met:
- The maximum size of all images,when added together, must be 50k or less.
- The dimensions of your signature in total, including both images and text should be 300x180 (width x height) or less. This also applies to HTML tables.
- No signature may contain more than two graphics.
- No signature may contain more than five lines of "Normal Sized" text. This includes text that wraps from one line to the next, at any screen setting.
- Blank lines in your signature will count towards your 5 lines of text.
- Do not include quiz or test results in your signature.
- Tickers are strictly prohibited.
- All forum rules apply to signature content as well. Language, Link content, and font size must all be suitable for the board.
Avatar Guidelines are as Follows:
- Maximum Avatar size is 8k.
- Maximum dimensions (length x width) are 100 x 100px
To check the size of your signature, simply right click on the image you would like to check, and select properties. Information will be displayed including both the size and the dimensions.
If you need help with your signature please post on the Testing forum.
13. Shoutbox Rules: All rules of the board apply to Shoutbox as well.
Copyrights & Disclaimers:
- The MLPTP reserves the right to change the format, and style of its message boards at any time; for any reason.
- The MLPTP is not to be held responsible for ANY false advertising or failed trades, sales, or purchases. Buy, Sell, or Trade at your own risk.
- The MLPTP is not to be held responsible for ANY material posted on the message boards. Each person is responsible for their own actions. The views expressed by users on the MLPTP boards are not necessarily the views of the MLPTP owner, administrators, or moderators.
- My Little Pony is a registered trademark of Hasbro. All rights reserved.
- The pictures, logos, html, and style on the MLPTP page have been made with great care. Please respect our hard work, and do not use or modify any MLPTP property without express written permission from the administration.