J-Punk BJD commissioned outfit- pics of doll with outfit!

LightningSilver-Mana

So Soft Pony, So hard to clean
  • 1,000 Messages
Joined
Apr 25, 2012
Messages
1,753
Commissioned request to make a Japan punk outfit for a BJD.

Shorts, shirt and a coat~



Started off with the shirt. Used a white cotton material, Simplicity printed pattern kit, and used the blouse design from it. Cut some slashes in the front torso and sleeves to layer some golden brown fishnet scarf material and sew it underneath. Took some thick black jean material and stitched it under the torso with black zipper lining the entire bottom.
Sleeves are lined with a thinner jean material with square metal rhinestones, red maxi piping and some thin brown fringe material. Shoulders have thin gold leather eyelet strips sewn, collar of neck has black webbed material sewn along with brown bias tape.
Fastened in the back via Velcro so shirt is easily removable.

Shorts-
Using the pant pattern from the printed pattern kit, got the main body of the shorts cut from some plaid material. I then hemmed the bottom of the shorts with some thin faux vinyl material with holes in it. Stitched the pockets from the same material, detailed them with strips of red leather eyelet trim, some brown bias tape on one of the pockets, and repeated the thin jean material with metal square rhinestones on the front legs.
Waist band is faux vinyl riveted material lined with the red leather eyelet trim, I added metal hopes along the eyelets with pliers.
Fastened with Velcro on the front, two metal snaps on the waist band.

Coat- Used coat pattern from the pattern kit, hood is from a cloak pattern. Left the sleeves off the coat patter to make the coat sleeveless.
Cut out the general patters from a old pair of heavy pants from Hot Topic that I retired and have kept stored away for such projects as this.
Hand-stitched all the pieces together, lined the sleeves and hood with freyed edges from other pants, then for neatness lined the inner-hood seam with a strip of dark brown eyelet material.
Next up, sewed the pockets from the faux black vinyl material with holes in it to match the shorts. Detailed with the same brown strips of eyelets from the hood, and some thicker leather eyelet trim on the lower pockets.
Cut white strips of patent vinyl and hand-stitched thin black ribbon in a cross-pattern then sewed it to the pockets. Lined top pockets with the same rivet material as the waist band of the shorts, finished with two metal skulls on each end.
Sewed decorative buckles in varying sizes on the pockets. Sewed large metal skulls to the larger buckles on lower pockets, attached some dark chains with some pliers.
Lined the bell of the coat with the riveted trim, and thin jean material with the square metal rhinestones. Got out a greenish tan cotton material and lined it with teal webbed trim, then some red hemp cording. Sewed a thick wide zipper from old pants along the bottom. Attached the whole thing to the coat finished the piece off with the light-weight brown fringe material that I used on the shirt sleeves.
Zipper on coat is decorative only. Sewed a thicker leather belt around the mid section.
 
Last edited:

LightningSilver-Mana

So Soft Pony, So hard to clean
  • 1,000 Messages
Joined
Apr 25, 2012
Messages
1,753
Customer has received the outfit, and it fits their doll!!!

 

bigmlpfan

Always another rainbow 'round the bend'
Joined
Sep 7, 2010
Messages
2,867
Soooo cool :eek:k::first::heart1:

bigmlpfan xx
 

littledreamer

Teeny Tiny Baby Pony
Joined
Jul 20, 2014
Messages
67
Awesome! There is more of us bjd people here as well, I'm kinda jealous you can sew so small and detailed. I find it harder for sew for my group of girls anything such as detailed as your work is.
 
Top